Trolley Car No. 236
For about 20 years, Trolley car No. 236 ran between Penn Square, the PA Railroad Station, and even Rocky Springs Park. Known as the Birney Safety Car, it was manufactured in St. Louis, Missouri by the American Car Company, a subsidiary of the Philadelphia based J.G. Brill Company. In 1947, the car was retired and left to the elements of the yard. Years later, in 1990, the trolley found its new home in Manheim, where it was restored by the society to its current working condition.